If you have any questions or concerns about your breast implants, your first port of call should be with the original surgeon or hospital where you had your surgery.
They are likely to have your medical records with details of your surgery and the implants used.
This is useful information, particularly if you are replacing your implants so that you can plan for any potential in size or shape following your surgery.
The important pieces of information to know prior to replacement of implants are:
- The size (volume) of your implants
- The shape of your implants – teardrop or round
- The profile of your implants – low, moderate, high or extra high
- The plane of your implants – above or below the muscle
- Details of any other surgery to your breast – such as breast lift
If you are unable to see your original surgeon, then you should look for another surgeon in your area who may be able to help you.